Located 16km offshore from Hayle on the north coast of Cornwall, at the eastern edge of the Atlantic Ocean, the Celtic Sea Power site offers:
- Four cable connection points for testing offshore renewable energy technology;
- Purpose built and commissioned, grid connected infrastructure with a 30MW export capacity, upgradable to 40MW;
- Grid connection at either 11kV or 33kV;
- Fully consented testing environment with a 25-year seabed lease;
- Water depths ranging from 51m - 57m;
- One of the best offshore wind and wave resources in Europe;
- Full range of robust baseline data;
- Proximity to a variety of ports and associated infrastructure;
- Access to expert academic institutions specialising in offshore renewables;
- Access to regional funding support;
- A dedicated and highly experienced operational team.
Celtic Sea Power is now seen as the first vital stepping stone to realise the full potential of the Celtic Sea Floating Offshore Wind opportunity. As a soon-to-be consented site for FLOW, all electrical infrastructure and grid connection already in place, it offers project developers a three-year head start, given typical timescales for planning and consenting.
More detailed information about deploying at Celtic Sea Power and the nature of the onshore and offshore sites can be found here.